Bears, Balloons, Balls, and Beards.

Friday, November 26, 2010

0

Last Saturday I was blessed with the opportunity to see the Flaming Lips.  Their live set never ceases to amaze.  Check it out.


There's the venue:  A - Korea.  It's a pretty nice place that holds about 2,000 people; the only downside is they have a strict no food or drink policy.


That's Wayne Coyne.  in a bubble.  inches from my face.


For those uninitiated to a Flaming Lips show, about 1.4% of the rain forest is destroyed for each concert to be used for confetti.  Thank you, Amazon.


This is just a shot of the band and random groupies on stage trying to deal with the mass quantities of balloons that have filled the small auditorium.


That's Wayne on the shoulders of a giant bear.  I'm not making this up.


This is my favorite picture from the show.  It looks even better if you stand on your head.


This is my buddy, Charles, in his dragon suit during Do You Realize??  The grin says it all.


Here I am grinning from ear to ear during Race for the Prize wearing my penguin suit.

There were a lot more pictures, but a lot of them didn't turn out well due to either blinding strobes, getting pushed, complete darkness, or not pointing the camera in the correct direction.  Also, I didn't take any videos since I knew the quality would be lackluster at best.

For fans of the band, the set list was pretty stellar, and the only song I expected and didn't get was Waiting for Superman.

It went something like this.

Instrumental jam while Wayne rolls around.
Convinced by the Hex
The Sparrow Looks Up at the Machine
Silver Trembling Hands
She Don't Use Jelly
Watching the Planets
Yeah Yeah Yeah Song
My Cosmic Autumn Rebellion
The Wand
See the Leaves
I Can Be a Frog
Ego Tripping at the Gates of Hell (Acoustic)
Race for the Prize
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1
Pompeii Am Gotterdammerung
Do You Realize??

I'm sure I missed a few, but that gives a rough idea.  Awesome.

Movie:  Fantasia in high definition.  The movie looks the best it ever has and the music is still excellent.

Music:  Deerhunter's Halcyon Digest.  I am late to the party, but it is a great album.

Television:  Community.  I just finally watched the first season and it kept getting better with nearly every episode.  I can't wait to catch up on the new season.

Game: Flower for PS3.  It's the anti-thesis of a game, yet is one of the most captivating games I have ever played.  This game alone makes me thankful I purchased an HD display.

Mobile:  the Incident.  It's fun for the price, but it suffers from the same downfalls of all iPhone games: the controls are mediocre at best.  The pixel art, catchy soundtrack, and fun concept almost cover for it.

0 comments to “ Bears, Balloons, Balls, and Beards. ”

Post a Comment

Sadventures of Rob

Sadventures of Rob
Keepin' it the realist.
  • Awesome
  • Awesome
  • Muppets
  • Godzilla

Follower