About Time.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

0

Sorry for the belated post.  It's been a month exactly since the last time I wrote anything, and yet I don't have any exciting tales to explain my absence.  What I do have, however, are photos of pork!


That's 10,000 Won of pure awesome purchased from the back of a truck.  Many enthusiasts would argue that is the only place to purchase quality food.


Don't worry.  I purchased some more pork today; it has created a reason to be excited for Tuesdays.

Other than delicious cuts of meat, not much new has happened in the sleepy town of Yeongcheon.



 I went to the I am Robot and Proud concert because tickets were cheap and to support decent foreign acts.  It was a fun electronica show and a good excuse to drink liquor from a child's sand pail.  Seriously.   A few nights ago, I got to see Xiu Xiu also at Club Guess in Daegu.



  It was an excellent show, and I was able to talk to Jamie Stewart afterward about the pleasures of living in North Carolina.  He recently moved to Durham, for those that are unaware.  Also, I gave him a small lock of my hair in return for a Xiu Xiu comb and stickers that will be mailed to my home address. Here is me pre-Xiu Xiu (thanks to Francis for the spiffy bow-tie):


Here is a shot prior to the concert:


I tried my best to keep the same smirk in both photos.

In other news, I went to church with a friend/co-worker on Sunday and had a great time.  I was showered with gifts including glass tupperware, a framed photo, a banquet complete with every Korean food imaginable and Domino's Pizza, multiple potted plants, and a book in Korean about finding the rainbow entitled happiness.  Here are the aforementioned plants.


Next week I will be making my return to Tokyo, and I couldn't be anymore excited.  More on that when I return.

Bad news, everyone.  I am no longer teaching Post Office, so I don't get any awesome postcards from my students...  Airport and House are not nearly as exciting.

I bowled a 144 the other day and picked up two splits.  That's easily the best I have ever done.

God bless government ran healthcare.  I was able to visit a physician, get medicine, a complimentary energy drink, and it set me back 8000 Won (~$7.50).  That's less than the pork, for those mathematicians reading this blog.

Thanks goes to the fine gentleman who woke me up on the train from my slumber at the appropriate stop.  I would have missed Yeongcheon otherwise (which I did the week prior).  Coming home from bars/clubs at 8-9 AM leads to severe drowsiness, surprisingly.

One of my friends sang Dio's "Holy Diver" at noraebang (Korean karaoke) non-ironically.

Zach's Venting Corner

  • It saddens me to say this, but Coke is better in Korea than Pepsi.  I recently purchased a bottle of Pepsi and it went flat before the day's end.  Plus, Coke is served in glass bottles.  
  • I can't purchase games through Steam here in Korea.  lame.
  • This goes for Korea and Japan:  Corn and mayonnaise are not pizza toppings.  I'm sorry, better luck next time.


Shameless Plug
If you are extremely bored, glutton for punishment, or a fan of brevity, check out Francis & my new blog.  pocketarcade.blogspot.com.  We are starting to review iPhone/iPod Touch apps and games, DS and DSiWare, and PSP games.  If interested in helping writing for it or are not horrendous at HTML, let me know.

0 comments to “ About Time. ”

Post a Comment

Sadventures of Rob

Sadventures of Rob
Keepin' it the realist.
  • Awesome
  • Awesome
  • Muppets
  • Godzilla

Follower